
WHAAAAT UP YO????
Here it is...the only blues song that takes me from zero to 10 or from 10 to zero. *
Apparently it isn’t just me because it has stopped several people in the streets of Philly when ive been jamming to it full volume in the ride.
One middle aged white guy in the Italian Market was the first to appreciate it, smiling all-throughout the happenstance.
“That’s my generation. Who is that? Stevie Ray?,” he said after walking by the window, only to come back during the solo.
I was like, “Yeah.”
Apparently the blues genre is stereotyped to be for an old generation. I don’t know. I don’t get what people think sometimes.
But that wouldn’t be the last time this tune would get its kudos. Weeks later, outside work, I was getting my shit ready to hit the three to 11 when I heard another middle aged dude, afro-american this time, say “That is some good music right there youngster. What is that?”
“That’s some fucking Texas blues for you,” I replied.
Annoyed after listening to this song loudly a friend asked me one day,” Oye wey, no estara quebrada la guitarra? No maaaaaaaames!”
I first heard Dirty Pool the last time I hosted Mofo’s Bar & Grille (1-15-11) and it blew my mind. Funny, it wasn’t even a blues night, (we were playing some banda and mariachi) yet, like always, Skryed and I shut it down at dawn with a case of Corona. This, comrades, was the first time I heard DP; the live version.
"A lil slow blues for youuaaa,” Stevie Ray Vaughan said. psssssss a hueeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment